Thursday, December 10, 2009

How often does eye color change in teenagers during puberty and does it turn lighter or darker?

i was wondering this because my parents both have very light brown eyes (a honey-ish, sometimes yellow color) and i turned out with dark dark brown eyes (they were grey when i was born) and my brother turned out with green eyes (they were blue when he was born).How often does eye color change in teenagers during puberty and does it turn lighter or darker?
Sometimes babies are born with lighter color eyes than what they will have as an adult. It is not unusual for kids to be born with blue eyes. This is because the pigment that gives us our eye color has not completely been produced at this point.





Once we reach puberty, we will already have the eye color that we will have throughout adulthood.How often does eye color change in teenagers during puberty and does it turn lighter or darker?
what color eyes are the mail mans...... j/k what about your relatives like your aunts and uncles or grand parents.
I don't think eye colors actually change. I thought they did when I was a kid, too, but it just depends on what you're wearing and what aspects of your eye color your clothes bring out. Also different shades of eye make-up can make them look different.
I can't say mine or anyone else's I've met has changed at all.
my eyes haven't changed at all my whole life
My eyes also changed from being very blue, even to when I was in my early teens, to more green/blue (in fact quite a few people have commented about my green eyes). I have no idea as to why this happens, I do know there are several modifier genes that work for eye colour and I wonder if some of those may affect pigmentation of eye colour during different life stages...interesting question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries